Originally posted on Zine Mama:
Portland, Oregon is a zinester’s paradise! We can check out zines at six branches of Multnomah County Library: Belmont, Central, Hillsdale, Holgate, Hollywood, and North Portland. Zines can be searched in the library catalog, placed on hold, checked out and renewed. Browsing the collection is great fun. My haul for today consists of (in no particular order):
- Free Box The Magazine #3 – A zine extolling the joy of the “free box” in Portland and other cities around the world.
- Bird Brain Vol. 1, No. 3 – A San Francisco zine dedicated to bird watching by an “amateur” birder. Very nice illustrations.
- Paper Crush #4 – A local Portland, OR zine about collecting vintage postcards and photos.
- Chronic: a story about chronic illness – Written by Sam Green-Eggs, writer of Chickeney zines.
- the book bindery – Sarah Royal writes about working in a Chicago book bindery. You know how you…
View original 135 more words